Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 5 Begins

It is hard to believe that I am already into week 5 of my student teaching experience. It has been a great experience so far except the getting up early and staying late part. I miss staying home and just chilling.  I think that is one of the hardest things.

Another thing that is hard is working 40+ hours a week and not getting paid. I know it is a part of the student teaching process but it sure is difficult. I can't find a part time job because I am completely exhausted and just could not do student teaching and then work. So financially there is quite a burden.

All of that aside though, the process is very enjoyably and educational. I am learning a lot about teaching. I love the class and all of the kids. I am learning how to manage a classroom and also discipline students in a loving way.

This week I have taken over teaching second grade math. I think then next week I will take on English. That is the subject I will really enjoy since I love English.

Until later.....

2 comments: