Friday, February 13, 2015

Battling Burn Out

So yesterday was the end of week 6 of my student teaching and now the burn out begins. Don't get me wrong, I love the school I am at, I love the kids and the other teachers.  The parents are amazing and well pretty much everything about the experience is good.

So why am I getting burnt out? Well that is easy, I work an average of 45 hours a week and all for no pay. I can't even find a paying job in my spare time because I don't have any. When I am not at the school I have to do course work.  I have about 10 hours of course work a week along with the student teaching.  It is taking its toll on me and I am just burnt out.

I only student teach four days a week but they are very long days. I go in at 7:30 and am off most nights at 6:30. The days are long too because we do not get breaks. Lunch is even eaten on the go while you take care of kids. I like the three day weekend but yet wonder if maybe a five day week would be easier. When I get home at night it is almost time for bed so I am pretty tired. On Friday I have so much to do to catch up and am also tired from the long week that really I feel like I only have two days off anyhow.

My college course work is taking its toll too. What is bothering me most of all is the fact that I have no income. It is very hard working all week for no pay and knowing that you might lose your hone. A positive way to look at that I suppose is that then I won't have a house payment anymore.

So how do I battle the burn out when I have 10 more weeks of student teaching left. I am not sure, I guess just take it all one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment